Saturday 14 October 2017

The plan

About three months ago, I got a copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Switch. As an avid Tetris DS player, I took to it right away.

This blog will focus on discussing the strategy of Puyo Puyo Tetris, with an initial emphasis on Tetris versus Tetris in Versus mode. I will discuss technical details, openings, and strategy, based upon my own thoughts and what I have observed in my online matches. I am writing based upon my own observations, without reading what others have written about this great game, in hopes that from just my own point of view, I may discover angles and original thoughts that one writing against the background of the thoughts and writings of others may not. I am (as of this post) ranked #2 in Canada at this game, and intend to focus on how the game is played by those in the current world top 1000.

Let's rock! Let me know your thoughts, what you've learned, and how these ideas play out for you.

Later Addendum: I am occasionally asked regarding my decision to write without reading existing writings, which necessarily involves doing my own experiments and creating my own terminology. Here's more on the philosophy behind that: Madwands and the Art of Tetris.

No comments:

Post a Comment