Wednesday 9 May 2018

Minutiae: Izzy15 all-clear after WumbOJ20

Earlier, I discussed the WumbOJ and its all-clear on piece 20:

    

This is a No-I all-clear, and gives us an I in hand as we go into our fourth deck.

Not wanting to go into excessively deep detail, I only gave one Izzy15 I-fill all-clear we can do 15 pieces later. This is the one I use most:

    

But hey, I'm posting minutiae now! I should note a couple other all-clears I use here. This simple change swaps the position of I and JJ:

      

This can come in handy if we want to place our I on the O instead of on the S, which we may need to do for certain deck orders.

There's also this entirely different path, used if we get the O as the last piece in our fourth deck:

    

Here, we substitute a LIJ 2x6 for the O+JJ in the above variant, and instead place the O on the right after we've taken our T-spin. Depending on which comes first, we can place the first I either on the L or the Z. This one doesn't come up as much, but it's awesome to know.

If we have to place the I very early, e.g. with a fourth deck starting T, I, we can use one of these which place the I on nothing at all:

    

    

    

    

    

We only get one T-spin on these paths, but they're still pretty good.

One more which isn't part of my current repertoire. I learned this I-fill today from a game against Kirito (キリト), the current world #2:

    

This is nice because it leads easily into a repeated T-spin pattern if you miss the all-clear. In terms of option coverage, it handles needing to play the fifth-deck O very early, but has a lot of ordering constraints. I'm not sure it's that useful in this context.

While in my initial post on all-clears at 15 and 20 I discussed the most used Izzy15s, there are a whole host of them I skipped over, keeping it overview-level and giving the reader room to explore for himself. In a future post, I'll whip out more different variants from my files.

No comments:

Post a Comment